1. Drink double your weight in ounces of water.
- Enhances complexion
- Acts as a moisturizer
- Reduces wrinkles
- Helps in more active healing
- Flushes toxins from the skin and shrinks pores, making them less likely to clog and cause a zit
- Keeps skin plumper, which can slow the aging process
- Helps hide current signs of aging, so that any wrinkles you already have are minimized.
- Maintains the moisture levels of the skin.
And remember if you drink caffeine that takes away from 8 oz of your water intake for the day. So, make sure you double that 8oz for any caffeine you drink throughout the day.
2. Have a morning and night routine.
Getting your skin used to a routine is so important. I believe you should use different products for the AM than you use for your PM routine. Switching up my products has been a game changer for me. The following are what I use but you can always reach out and ask about other products you use already or suggestions for your skin type at email@example.com.
My AM products are in order:
TATCHA The Water Cream | Lightweight, Hydration Burst, Pore-Refining For Smooth, Balanced Skin
My PM products are in order:
I also add face masks in once or twice a week. I will do another whole post just on face masks, and which ones I feel are good for the skin. I truly believe making at home masks full of great nutrients are the way to go.
3. Make sure you get your daily nutrition through the food you eat.
You of course get care for your skin by the previously stated skin routine, but it is so much more important to also ingest what is needed for the skin. Some of the best foods for your skin are:
- Fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and herring
- Sunflower seeds
- Sweet potatoes
- Red or yellow bell peppers
4. Clean your pillowcases, makeup brushes, and face towels regularly.
Bacteria can build up in these items from your products. You need to make sure you are cleaning them regularly so that you don't get acne or increased bacteria. Using silk pillowcases can help with this. They also help with hair loss and keeping your lashes looking beautiful. If you have serious acne issues it is even recommended to dry your face with paper towels instead.
5. Drink a liquid collagen.
Click the HERE to learn more about it!
This product is good for so many more things than just your skin, but also joints, hair growth, eyelashes, and so much more. I drink one every single day, but I started out with two a day (once in the morning and once at night) in the beginning to get it into my system.
As I went to school for cosmetology in both NJ and NYC I learned that your skin is a reflection of how you treated it the last 10 years. So, if you want your skin to look good 10 years from now you need to start today.